Jim Carrey may love Ewan McGregor, but Rodrigo Santoro loves Jim Carrey.
Don’t worry, folks – Empire hasn’t descended to the gutter level of a gossip column. Instead, we’re merely reporting that Rodrigo Santoro – the Brazilian actor best known for playing Xerxes in 300 – has signed on to the currently-shooting dark comedy, I Love You, Phillip Morris, which stars Carrey as a married man sent to prison, and McGregor as the inmate with whom Carrey falls in love.
And to complicate matters even further, Santoro will play Carrey’s lover. With Leslie Mann on board as Carrey’s wife, this is one great big heap of love crazy!
It’s not clear at this point whether Santoro is playing a prison-bound Carrey conquest, or whether he’s out on the outside. But we do know that Carrey’s character’s love for McGregor’s title character leads him to make several escape attempts (indicating that Phillip Morris gets released at some point), so anything’s possible.
The movie is being directed by Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, the guys who wrote the brilliant Bad Santa, so the prospects look good for I Love You, Phillip Morris.
To check more about this, and to view pictures from the movie set, don’t forget to check Rodrigo Santoro Fan, the online source to everything Rodrigo Santoro.
Last 5 posts by Luciana
- New layout at Kirsten Dunst Online - August 24th, 2012
- Jessica Chastain at 2012 Film Independent Spirit Awards - February 25th, 2012
- Women in Film celebrates female Oscar nominees - February 25th, 2012
- Jessica Chastain at Sir Charlie Chaplin's Honorary Oscar Party - February 22nd, 2012
- Amy Adams at Vanities 20th Anniversary - February 21st, 2012