Sienna Miller is taking a trip to the Democratic Republic of Congo with International Medical Corps to raise awareness of the conflict in the region and it’s impact on women and children. Thanks so much to Mike for this information.
This is such a wonderful thing for her to be doing, and, as a fan, I am so proud of her doing this. You can learn more about the issues in the Congo by exploring the sites whose links I posted above.
“I guess it’s important to clarify why I’m here. International Medical Corps is an incredible organization that is providing healthcare and support to people in dire need. I met with them in Los Angeles two months ago and they approached me to see if and how I could help in anyway. They desperately need funding and general awareness raised both for the organization, and for all the projects they are involved with. If my involvement in any way could contribute to either then I was more than happy to be involved. My one request was that if we were going to start working together, it was imperative, that I see and experience what is going on first hand….So here I am.”
Last 5 posts by Jess
- Isla Fisher promotes "The Great Gatsby" - April 28th, 2013
- Naomi Watts nominated for an Oscar for "The Impossible" - January 10th, 2013
- Listen to Kate Hudson's new "Glee" song! - November 10th, 2012
- Isla Fisher on the cover of Women's Health UK magazine - November 10th, 2012
- Isabel Lucas in Ed Sheeran’s music video for ‘Give Me Love’ - November 10th, 2012